Effective Human Resources (HR) Compliance
HOTLINE TO HR understands that compliance is a necessity for all businesses in North America. Between multiple Government agencies, Workers’ Compensation Boards, harassment, unions, and many other laws, a business that is not aware of its responsibilities is headed for trouble resulting in large legal and financial exposures.
Compliance is a process and we can help you manage it. Compliance assures that laws and policies are understood and followed by all employees. This means you must know all current laws and develop appropriate policies and procedures. Compliance also means that all management must communicate these policies along with expectations and consequences.
Compliance programs are not cookie cutter. They need to be customized and integrated into your business management strategy.
There are several steps that will help you achieve your compliance:
- Educate yourself and get good advice! HR laws change constantly. HOTLINE TO HR will keep you up-to-date on current laws and help you establish appropriate policies. We will also help you prepare an action plan to communicate them to your employees. Our Human Resources (HR) staff have the experience and skills required to support an effective compliance process.
- Create an Policies. Create a Human Resources (HR) policy and/or an Employee Handbook manual and regularly update it. HOTLINE TO HR will review your handbook and any new policies before you implement them to ensure your organization is maintaining compliance.
- Train Management. Compliance starts at the top and moves down to all levels. Management has most significant day-to-day interactions with employees. HOTLINE TO HR will help review your policy and create an action plan for management to ensure they understand that they must enforce standards and lead by example.
- Invest and train. Your most valuable assest are your employees. HOTLINE TO HR will help your organization build employee awareness. We will help provide you with all updates to your manual, and help you develop and provide periodic retraining on important issues.
- Give feedback. HOTLINE TO HR will help your organization develop the importance of success, and give your employees the opportunity to correct areas of weakness. We will help you develop systems that will let employees know whether they're meeting company expectations. Emphasize accountability, and stress the consequences for noncompliance.
- Document, document, document! This is part of Human Resources 101. Memories fade and a lack of documentation can leave your organization exposed. Creation of appropriate documents for all key decisions and employee evaluations are cruticial. You will also require written policies in addition to making sure everyone gets a copy of your written policies and signs them. Keep a written record of critical communications, and maintain all personnel records. Documentation is critical. HOTLINE TO HR will help you with all company policies and procedure needs including a proper action plan.
HOTLINE TO HR will help you along the entire compliance process after a company evaluation. Our team will then design an action plan with all the right templates and procedures.